ExoSense Release Notes & Changelog¶
Release Date: Planned March, 2021
- Devices can use now upload files greater than 100MB using multi-part request uploads.
Release Date: March 29, 2021
Summary: New Functionality, Improvements, and Fixes
📦 New: Recurring Reports
This new functionality allows users the ability to create a report and schedule it to run on a recurring time period.
The new recurring reports fuctionality can be enabled in the Feature controls, if accessible to your application tier.
- Improved the UX and loading of Asset Status, will show grey until latest status is retrieved.
- Improvements to the custom Inline Insights editor UI
- Added ability to include creating a simulated asset during bundled solution installs
- Allow using Marketplace elements in the sign-up start url that are not public web
- Change of Exchange IoT Connector category names to represent how they are used
- Added support for allowing custom email addresses when using your own SMTP email service. Contact support for more information.
- Fixed order of signal types in selection menu
- Fixed an issue with the New Asset Templates and how they handled chained transforms
- Fixed an issue with New Asset Templates and how they handled signals that had been renamed.
- Fixed an issue with New Asset Templates that use the Join transform in their pipeline configuration
- Fixed: Asset and Signal status will look further back in history for status changes.
- Fixed issue for bundled solutions that did not copy images over for dashboard panels
- Fixed a bug preventing certain dashboard panels from showing up correctly in kiosk mode.
- Fixed issue affecting showing the correct Asset Status
Release Date: February 22 , 2021
Summary: Bugs and System updates
- Fixed issue where rule statuses were not showing correctly when the last state change happened over 3 months ago.
Release Date: February 17, 2021
Summary: Improvements and System updates
- Added ability to create a shared dashboard without a password. This functionality must be enabled by Administrators.
Release Date: January 27, 2021
Summary: New Features and Improvements
📦 New: New Asset Templating Tool
A new Templating interface has been added to ExoSense. This is completely new functionality that includes the following features:
- Existing Assets can be updated in bulk with templates version updates
- Existing Assets can be linked to a template
- Templates and Assets can export and import their configuration file as a file
- Templates can define if linked assets can be modified
By default the new Templating feature must be turned on using the Feature controls under Setup. The legacy Asset Template and New Templating interfaces are both controlled by feature controls if it is available for your ExoSense tier.
If both New and Legacy Asset Templates are enabled, the New Asset Templates functionality will be used in the UI but the legacy Templating interface will continue to work. Any existing Assets that use the old templates may continue to work and operate.
📦 New: Custom Inline Insights (BETA)
ExoSense now supports creating and managing 'inline' Insight functions in the application. Historically ExoSense has supported creating and linking to Insight services running externally as a hosted web-service. This new feature allows Administrators to build functions inside of your ExoSense application and publish these to be used by your end-users. These functions run inside of the Exosense data pipeline using native code written with MathJS or JSONE. Features include:
- Create function module groups
- Create Rule and Transform type functions
- Define inputs, constants, and outputs
- Test interface to validate your code
- Export, Import, and Duplicate Insight functions
The Custom Inline Insights feature can be enabled in your ExoSense application Setup Features tab if available by your ExoSense tier.
📦 New: Sustained Threshold Rules
This release adds functionality to the standard Threshold Rule, allowing users to choose to incorporate sustained parameters such as time duration and count of values into the thresholds. For example, instead of a threshold set to critical alert level when the temperature goes above 100 degrees, it can now also specify that it must stay above 100 degrees for 10 minutes to generate the critical alert event.
Additionally, each rule can define many thresholds for the available logic operators and severity levels where historically only one for each of critical greater than, warning greater than, warning less than, and critical less than operators.
- If a MQTT connected device credential changes (clear, expires, locked, etc) the active session will now disconnect automatically
- Improvement to Line Chart panels vertical status bands based on sustained thresholds
- Improvement to Gauges panels threshold bands based on sustained thresholds
Archived Release Notes¶
Please contact support for information on specific releases not listed here.